Ruddington Village Market
We’d love to hear from you! We’re working with local businesses to give two young people a year the chance to try out their idea, with some great benefits!
To apply for the next cycle, send an email to email@example.com, and provide the following:
Terms and Conditions:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Ruddington Village Market will take place on the first Saturday of each month (market day) The Green, Ruddington, Nottingham. from 9am to 12.30pm.
2. Standard spaces for this market outdoor 3m x 3m gazebo space @ £25 per market and you can hire a table for £10 for the day.
3. Applications will be considered as accepted when an invoice is issued for market day. The total amount will be payable 14 days prior to market day. Failure to make payment within the required timeframe may result in your application being withdrawn.
4. Only stallholders that have completed an application form, received confirmation from The Ruddington Village Centre Partnership (RVCP) and paid in full will be allowed to attend the event. The RVCP will aim to respond to applications within 7 days of receipt.
5. RVCP will decide on the location of each stall
6. Stallholders will need to bring their own table / chairs / stand equipment unless otherwise requested on the application form.
7. Access to the stall will be from 7.30am on market day. Stallholders must set up their stand by 08.45 am; stalls can be taken down at 12:30pm. The correct storage and removal of fresh produce and valuable items will be the responsibility of the stallholder. RVCP will not be liable for damage or loss of any equipment, produce or materials owned by the stallholder.
8. Stallholders are expected to staff their stall at all times throughout the duration of the market.
9. RVCP carefully selects stallholders to ensure that visitors have an extensive range of stalls to visit. Stallholders will only be permitted to carry out the activity / sell the produce highlighted on the application form.
10. RCVP reserves the right to cancel the event due to unforeseen circumstances. Stallholders will be refunded the pitch fee and any table hire fee in this instance.
11. All stallholders must comply with current Trading Standards and Environmental Health requirements
12. Stallholders must maintain their own Employee, Public (£5 million) and Product Liability Insurance. A copy of your insurance must be submitted with your registration application. Copies of your insurances must be available for inspection at the market.
13. RVCP maintains the right to exclude a stallholder who has i) breached these terms and conditions ii) falsified their registration application and/or verification information iii) whose actions are not in the best interests of RVCP or whose behaviour is aggressive or deemed by the organisers as unacceptable.
14. RVCP will provide to the Stallholder space for their market stall, communications regarding market operations, advertising and marketing for the market and market day management.
15. All communications will be sent via email and it is the responsibility of the stallholder to read and respond in a timely manner.
16. In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the market, the market manager on behalf of RVCP may make a decision. Any failure to abide by the market manager’s decision may be sufficient grounds for excluding the stallholder from the market. RVCP’s decision is final. All stallholders wanting to sell at RVCP markets will submit a completed Application Form with a signed statement that they have read understand and agree to abide by these rules (which may be updated from time to time).
17. If you are unable to attend you are required to give at least 14 day’s notice. Failure to provide such notice may result in non-refund of fees paid.
18. RVCP realise that there are occasions when stallholders may not be able to comply i.e. illness, vehicle breakdown etc. Should this be the case stallholders should notify the RVCP as soon as practicable either by telephone or text message, stating reasons for non-attendance. Consideration will be given for refund of fees paid based on individual cases and is not guaranteed.
19. Whilst making every attempt to place stallholders in a similar position at each regular market this may not always be possible and RVCP reserve the right to alter the allocation of pitches and the stall layout from time to time.
20. As a safety precaution, vehicles will not be permitted onto the site between the operating hours unless making sales from vehicles by agreement with RVCP. All stallholders must arrive at least 30mins before the market start time and be ready to trade when the market starts.
21. Stallholders selling alcohol are required to arrange their own licences as necessary.
22. Smoking by stallholders and staff is strictly prohibited within the boundaries of the market/event area.
23. Stallholders must be courteous at all times.
24. RVCP operates a zero tolerance policy to aggression. Any person acting aggressively to those at the market will be asked to leave and the police may be called if appropriate.
25. Stalls must be clean, attractively presented and safe. Produce should be kept clean and tidy and packaging should be kept to a minimum. Stallholders must remove all refuse from the market at the end of the day and ensure their pitch is left as they found it. Each stallholder has the responsibility to reinstate their pitch or any equipment hired to them by RVCP to the satisfaction of RVCP otherwise RVCP reserves the right to have the work undertaken and charged to the Stallholder.
26. Stallholders must ensure that all equipment used at the market is safe, well maintained, safely operated and fit for purpose with all necessary test certificates (PAT & Gas Safe) available on request.
27. All stallholders must prominently display the name of the business operating the stall and a price list/price labels for all products. Any stallholders selling food items must display a valid Food Hygiene Certificate.
28. RVCP shall be under no liability in any way for any expenditure, liability, damage or loss sustained or incurred by Stallholders because of delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
Please complete and submit the online application form and then email a copy of Public Liability Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruddington Village Market Terms and Conditions Revision 7-2020
Privacy & cookies
The controller of personal data collected through this website is Ruddington Village Centre Partnership.
We are committed to protecting your personal data and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and associated legislation. This Privacy Page outlines the type of information that is collected by us on this website and how we use it.
2. Contacting us via the contact form
In contacting us via the contact form on this website you volunteer your name and your email address – these are the only obligatory fields and are necessary for us to be able to respond to your query. If you wish, you may also submit a company name and an address, if it is relevant to your enquiry.
3. Protecting your information
We never pass your details onto third parties.
4. Opting out
At any time you may email email@example.com and ask we permanently remove your personal data from our system.
We take full precautions to keep your personal data secure; access to your email address is strictly limited to Ruddington Village Centre Partnership volunteers who maintain and publish this website.
6. Contact points
If you wish to raise any data protection issues please contact us at:
Ruddington Village Market
60 Church Street
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from websites you visit and stored in your web browser. The EU Cookie Directive states that, with some exceptions, websites must not now create and set such cookies without your explicit permission first. In the spirit of working towards compliance we would like you to know the following.
Our web publishing software sets several cookies in your browser as part of its default behaviour. No information that identifies you personally is collected.
First party cookies are cookies that are set by the site itself and can only be read by this site. They are necessary for the proper function of the site. The names and functions of these cookies are as follows:
_bobcat_session - Collects information about how visitors use our site, Storage duration: 1 min; Category: Functionality
_gat_strk - Collects information about how visitors use our site, Storage duration: 1 min; Category: Functionality
_ga - Collects information about how visitors use our site, Storage duration: 2 years; Category: Functionality
_gid - Collects information about how visitors use our site, Storage duration: 24 hours; Category: Functionality
XSRF-TOKEN - Security purposes, Storage duration: session; Category: Strictly necessary
__strk_visitor_id - Collects information about how visitors use our site; Storage duration: 1 year; Category: Functionality